Venturing Crew 572 MembershipThe fee is $65/year for youth. Application forms are here: http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/524-406A.pdf. (Scouts in Troop 572 are probably already enrolled). If you have questions about this, contact VC 572 Committee Chairman, Brian Farmer. If you have a friend that’s interested, please tell them to join us or contact Rob Craig, Advisor with questions.
Philmont 2015 (29 Jun-14 Jul)— Reserve Your Slot Now!Sign-Up/Pay-Up deadline (for initial $300 deposit) is February 15. Download the commitment form here. Please contact Ken Ryan with payment and/or questions.
- Shooting Outing at a nearby range
- Extreme Laser Tag at Sudden Combat (22446 Davis Dr.), Date TBA
- March Crew Meeting, Date and Location TBA
- Scuba Open Water Certification Weekend in May (date TBD)
Bears Den Hike and Cabin Campout March 15-16Venturing Crew 572 will drive to Bears Den Trail Center; cabin camp overnight and conduct a day hike on the Application Trail (The AT).
- www.bearsdencenter.org Check it out.
- 32 miles from home - about 1 hour drive west.
- Full amenities - heat, full bathroom
- Inexpensive - $23.00 per person per night
- Co-ed friendly - separate male and female accommodations
- 150 yards from Appalachian Trail
Scuba-Sailing Exuma Islands High Adventure 2014
Crew 572 is Bahamas-bound in 2014! 24 Venturing Members will be cruising the Bahamas on a live-aboard sailing vessel departing June 28 out of Nassau. We will be diving various hot diving spots in the islands with adventures that may include shark feeding, night diving, spear-fishing, and the ever-popular “swim with the pigs” in the Exumas!
Seabase Sailing High Adventure 2014
Crew 572 has one crew attending Seabase 2014. This a a fantastic live-aboard sailing experience, including fishing, snorkeling and one overnight at Seabase Basecamp. The Crew is full, but if you are interested in being on the waitlist, contact Rob Craig.